The Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) on Thursday announced 166 new confirmed cases of coronavirus (Covid-19) in Qatar, and 28 more cases of recovery, taking the total number of recovered patients to 206.
Some new cases are related to travellers who came to Qatar and others related to contacts, including citizens and residents. Some other new cases were reported among expatriate workers, MoPH said in a statement, released through Qatar News Agency.
The new cases have been put in quarantine and are receiving the necessary medical care, the statement said.
According to a tweet from the MoPH, 1,326 people were tested in the last 24 hours, taking the total number of people tested so far to 43,144.
There are 2,376 positive cases in the country and 2,164 active cases are currently undergoing treatment. Six people have died of Covid-19 in Qatar, according to the tweet.
The MoPH reiterated its call to all members of society to take the necessary precautions and maintain social and physical distancing to reduce the chances of contracting the virus, QNA added.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Qatar to witness lunar and solar eclipse in June
Food inspectors fan out in Wakrah
New bridge along Sabah Al Ahmad Corridor to cut travel time by 90%
Al Jazeera Digital wins 35 wins Telly Awards
HEC Paris in Qatar to host two online masterclass sessions
Medical journal publishes find involving Sidra Medicine
Qatar National Library's June schedule has ‘something for everyone’
WCM-Q faculty publishes lessons for humanity after coronavirus
Vodafone partners with QNB to offer instalment plan for new device