Kuwait reports 78 new infections
April 08 2020 12:22 AM
RELATED STORIES
kuwait
Expatriates in lockdown at a quarantined building, receive food from a Kuwaiti charity in Farwaniya.

QNA/Reuters/Kuwait

The Kuwaiti Ministry of Health announced yesterday that 78 people were infected by the coronavirus (Covid-19) in the last 24 hours, bringing the total to 743.
Regarding those infected, 69 cases were in contact with a coronavirus case, and nine cases are under epidemical investigation, said Health Ministry spokesman Dr Abdullah al-Sanad at a daily briefing.
He added that that 23 patients were in intensive care; including 17 stable cases and six in critical condition.
Those currently receiving treatment at hospitals reached 673 patients, said the spokesman, adding that 911 individuals have completed quarantine.
Kuwaiti Minister of Health Sheikh Dr Basel al-Sabah also announced the recovery of two people from Covid-19, raising the country’s total recoveries to 105.
The Kuwaiti health minister said that lab tests and analyses had shown the recovery of the patients, Kuwait News Agency (Kuna) reported.
The recovered patients will be discharged from hospital within two days’ time, the minister added.
OMAN REVEALS 40 NEW VIRUS CASES
The Omani Ministry of Health reported 40 new positive cases of coronavirus in the Sultanate, bringing the total of infections to 371 with two deaths, QNA reported.
The Omani Ministry of Health also pointed out that 67 cases have recovered, Oman News Agency (ONA) reported.
In its statement, the ministry called upon all to strictly adhere to quarantine measures, social distancing instructions, health habits as well as staying at home and not going out, unless necessary.
The new coronavirus could eventually infect between 10,000 and 200,000 people in Saudi Arabia, the kingdom’s health minister said yesterday, urging the public to adhere more closely to state directives against mixing and movement, Reuters reported.
The country of some 30mn has so far reported 2,795 cases and 41 deaths, the highest in the six-nation Gulf Co-operation Council (GCC), despite halting all passenger flights, suspending most commercial activities and imposing a 24-hour curfew in major cities including the capital Riyadh.
“We stand today at a decisive moment as a society in raising our sense of responsibility and contributing together with determination to stop the spread of this pandemic,” Health Minister Tawfiq al-Rabiah said in a rare televised address.
Dubai, the commercial hub of the United Arab Emirates, has extended the closure of commercial activities until April 18 as part of efforts to contain coronavirus, the Dubai Economic Department said in a statement on Twitter, Reuters reported.




There are no comments.

LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
MORE NEWS

HAPPENING IN DOHAMore