Qatari professional boxer Sheikh Fahad bin Khalid bin Jassim al-Thani has completed his intensive preparations for his upcoming 14th match, which will be held under the umbrella of the Professional Boxers Association in Spain on February 29.
Sheikh Fahad was all set to take on Marius Petre Sorin on Friday, but the bout was cancelled due to a sudden injury to the Romanian boxer 24 hours before the scheduled date.
The Qatari boxer’s support team and trainer Franck Bohec tried bringing in a last-minute substitute in consultation with the Spain’s pro boxing body but it was not to be since most boxers were engaged with other previously-scheduled matches.
Bohec reckons that the cancellation of the bout may work in Sheikh Fahad’s favours since it will give the 32-year-old an opportunity to focus, as it is quite hard for any boxer to have three strong matches in a three-to-four-week period, which could lead to exhaustion and lack of focus.
Sheikh Fahad has continued his training programme in Doha under the watchful eye of Bohec, with Puerto Rican boxer Carlos De Leon for company inside the training ring.
The welter-weight boxer, who has gone unbeaten his first 13 bouts of his career so far, is hoping to rake up 20 bouts by the end of this year 2020 to improve his ranking. Starting this year, Sheikh Fahad will also be moving up to six-round bouts.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
La Liga eyeing May return, says league president Tebas
Australia went soft on Kohli because of IPL deals: Clarke
As Bundesliga clubs resume training, a debate over fairness and fitness
MLB dims hopes for quick return after report of Arizona plan
NBA chief Silver says no decision on start date until May
World’s fastest blind man adjusts training in coronavirus crisis
NZ Rugby criticises Crusaders players for lockdown breach
Two England teams could play at same time, says Buttler
FIFA urges clubs and players to reach agreement over wages: sources