UN demands swift Israeli probe into deaths of family of eight in Gaza strike
November 16 2019 09:40 AM
Palestinians attend the funeral procession of members of the same family who were killed overnight i
Palestinians attend the funeral procession of members of the same family who were killed overnight in an Israeli airstrike, on November 14 in Deir al-Balah. AFP

QNA/New York

The United Nations demanded the Israeli authorities to move swiftly with an investigation in targeting a Palestinian family in its ongoing aggression on Gaza Strip.
Deputy spokesman for UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres, Farhan Haq, said that the UN chief demanded the Israeli entity to swiftly open an investigation into targeting a family of which eight members were killed in an Israeli missile strike on Gaza.
"The Secretary-General expresses his heartfelt condolences to the Al-Sawarkeh family and wishes for a speedy recovery to the injured, and he calls on Israel to move swiftly with the investigation," said Farhan Haq.
"We are opposed to all killings of civilians," Haq told a regular press briefing. "In the case of the Sawarkeh family, it's clearly a tragedy."
The Israeli occupation hit the house of the family while they were asleep early on Thursday, according to media reports.
The ongoing Israeli aggression for three days has killed so far 34 Palestinians and injured nearly 120 others including women and children, in addition to causing massive destruction of homes and property. 



There are no comments.

LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
MORE NEWS