YPG/PKK terrorists carried out 14 attacks in last 36 hours, while Turkish Armed Forces have fully complied with the deal on establishment of safe zone, said Turkish National Defence Ministry on Saturday.
In the last 36 hours, a total of 14 harassments and attacks were carried out by PKK/YPG forces, 12 of which were in the Ras al-Ayn, one in Tal Abyad and one in Tall Tamr, the ministry said in its statement, according to Anadolu Agency (AA).
"Harassment and attacks" were carried out by various light and heavy weapons, including mortars, rockets and others, the ministry said, while insisting that Turkish armed forces "fully comply" with the truce deal.
"In order to realise the deal and to maintain the calm except for self-defence, instant coordination is made with the United States," the ministry added.
The U.S. and Turkey on Thursday reached an agreement on imposing a five-day truce to build a safe zone in northern Syria, where the Turkish forces had been fighting against the Kurdish militia.
On Oct. 9, Turkey had launched Operation Peace Spring to eliminate forces from northern Syria in order to secure Turkey's borders, aid in the safe return of Syrian refugees and ensure Syria's territorial integrity. (QNA)
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Lebanese food aid drive underlines pain of nation’s economic collapse
Syrian artists in Idlib paint tribute to George Floyd
Lebanon says too early to claim victory over virus
Kuwait records 719 new coronavirus cases, 8 deaths
Hundreds attend funeral of Palestinian
Kuwait reports 851 new coronavirus cases, 7 deaths
Iran suggests up to 225 killed in November protests
Police shoot dead disabled Palestinian
Kuwaiti Ministry of Health announces 1,008 new infections of Covid-19