The weekly regular Cabinet meeting, chaired by HE the Prime Minister Sheikh Abdullah bin Nasser bin Khalifa al-Thani, approved a draft law amending some provisions of Law No 32 of 1995 on the prevention of damage to the plant environment and its components.
The amendments come within the framework of modernising legislation, to address the problems created by the practical reality in this area, and to tighten the penalties for violating the provisions of the law.
Following the meeting, which was held at the Amiri Diwan, HE the Minister of Justice and Acting Minister of State for Cabinet Affairs Dr Issa bin Saad al-Jafali al-Nuaimi stated the following:
The Cabinet approved a draft air service agreement between the Government of the State of Qatar and the Government of the Republic of Peru.
The Cabinet also took the necessary measures to ratify the following:
1. Co-operation agreement between the governments of Qatar and the International Organisation for Migration.
2. Basic agreement between the governments of Qatar and the United Nations Children's Fund.
3. Agreement between the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) and the government of Qatar.
4. Terms of reference between the United Nations represented by the United Nations Office for the Co-ordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) and Qatar and represented by the government of Qatar on the establishment of an Office for the Co-ordination of Humanitarian Affairs in Doha.
5. Maritime transport agreement between the government of Qatar and the Government of Somalia.
6. Agreement between the governments of Qatar and Somalia on the avoidance of double taxation and the prevention of financial evasion with regard to income taxes.
The Cabinet then reviewed the following topics and took the appropriate decision:
1- A memo by HE the Minister of Finance on the proposal to add representative members of General Tax Authority in a number of joint and specialised committees in the State.
2- A memo by HE the Minister of Administrative Development, Labour and Social Affairs on the results of the First Council on Aging, organised by the Ministry of Family, Labour and Social Services in Turkey (Ankara, February 2019).
The Cabinet listened to a presentation by HE the the Minister of Awqaf and Islamic Affairs on the Waqf, which included the statement of Waqf banks and their achievements, and the challenges facing the Waqf.
The Cabinet stressed the importance of the Waqf to achieve the principle of social solidarity and investing it for the development of society.