* The permanent representatives of Qatar and Paraguay at the UN signed a joint statement in New York regarding the establishment of diplomatic relations between the two countries in 2003
Exchange of visits:
* His Highness Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa al-Thani, the Amir of Qatar at that time, visited Paraguay in 2010.
* Alejandro Hamed Franco, special envoy of the President of Paraguay, visited Qatar in 2009.
Agreements and Memorandum of Understanding between the two countries:
* Economic, commercial and technical co-operation agreement.
* In February this year, Qatar and Paraguay signed an agreement on mutual promotion and protection of investments between the two countries. The agreement was signed by HE the Minister of Economy and Commerce Sheikh Ahmed bin Jassim bin Mohamed al-Thani and the Minister of Industry and Commerce of Paraguay. The agreement aims to create a good investment climate between the two countries and to promote and protect those investments. The volume of trade exchange between the two countries reached nearly QR5.92mn in 2017.
* News co-operation and exchange agreement between Qatar News Agency and Paraguay News Agency.
* Memorandum of Understanding for consultation between the foreign ministries of the two countries.
LEAVE A COMMENT Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*
Philippines Ambassador: Relations between the Philippines and Qatar stand on solid foundation
‘Anti-Corruption Award reflects emphasis on sustainable development goals’
Deputy Amir meets GOPAC chairman and IPU president
GOPAC conference discusses promoting good governance
GOPAC conference delegates watch live stream of Sheikh Tamim anti-corruption award ceremony
Speaker meets Djibouti and Burundi counterparts
President of El Salvador visits Katara Dhow Festival
Minister leads delegation to OIC ministerial conference
Gord launches Qatar’s energy efficiency testing facility