Iran will boost its uranium enrichment after July 7 to whatever levels it needs beyond the cap set in the landmark 2015 nuclear deal
European proposals to boost business with Iran are a step forward but will likely be insufficient to stop Tehran from exiting its nuclear deal with major powers, Iranian Deputy Foreign Minister Abbas Araqhchi said Friday.
Iran will resume high level enrichment of uranium if world powers did not keep their promises under a 2015 nuclear agreement, President Hassan Rouhani said on Wednesday, responding to the US withdrawal from the deal a year ago.
US President Donald Trump said on Friday he would be disappointed if North Korea were to resume weapons testing and reiterated his belief in his good relationship with its leader, Kim Jong Un, despite the collapse of a summit with him last week.
North Korea on Friday promised further negotiations with the US despite a spectacular failure to strike a nuclear deal at their Hanoi summit, with both sides keeping the door of diplomacy open.
Iran has remained within the key limits on its nuclear activities imposed by its 2015 deal with major powers despite growing pressure from newly reimposed US sanctions, a report by the UN nuclear watchdog indicated on Friday.
President Donald Trump announced in May that Washington was pulling out of the deal, which lifted international sanctions against Tehran in exchange for restrictions on Iran's nuclear activities.
Air France and British Airways announced on Thursday that they will halt flights to Tehran next month, citing low profitability as the US reimposes sanctions on Iran.
Iran's President Hassan Rouhani said on Monday that Washington's call for new nuclear negotiations at the same time the US reimposes crippling sanctions "makes no sense".